This sweater-clad comedian sings hooray for The Salvation Army Band – he’s in today’s vintage kettle TV ad!
>> He created the educational TV series featuring “Fat Albert” and his friends (pictured at left).
He’s just one of many celebrities who appeared in brief in public service ads to encourage the public to donate generously to The Salvation Army Red Kettle between the 1950s and 1980s.
Click on the white arrow below and have a look.
:: Click here to view the vintage TV spot featuring Oscar winner and crooner, Burl Ives.
- This Oscar winner and crooner of “Holly Jolly Christmas” is in our vintage TV spot
- Vintage Salvation Army band video
- What’s it like to ring the bell at a Salvation Army kettle?
- Rock the Red Kettle on Dec. 15!
- QR Codes offer a new, easy way to give at The Salvation Army Red Kettle!
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.