Ella Lawery is full-time soldier for Jesus in The Salvation Army
In Christian circles, she’s known as an ‘intercessor.” She can be standing at the sink washing dishes and God will bring someone’s name to mind. That’s when she knows He wants her to stop what she’s doing to pray for that person.
Ella calls her self a 7-day a week soldier for Jesus whose role in life is “loving on God every day” as a Salvation Army soldier (member of one of our worship communities).
She boldly answers by explaining that the “S” on her right lapel stands for “saved,” as in saved by Jesus Christ. And the other “S” on her left is for “serve” – what she does in response.
We’re so grateful to have Ella Lawery in one of our uniforms. Every Salvation Army ministry needs a woman just like her. Or two or three.
“Loving on God every day:” the only way to live out a life of faith. Thank you Ella Lawery for putting it so simply and so profoundly.
Click the white arrow below to watch her testimony video.
If you want more stories of faith like Ella’s, click here for our Expect Change – Salvation Army stories Facebook page.
- A Salvation Army soldier’s “long obedience in the same direction”
- Two programs – 20 years apart – helped heal Dennis’ broken life
- Here at The Salvation Army, people count!
- Salvation Army testimony: God helped end a family’s struggle with violence
- At 18, Jessyca found The Salvation Army because she was hungry
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.